Dark Projects
Welcome to Dark Projects. This site has moved to: http://www.dark-projects.com/forum/ If you are a member, you will be banned if logging in.
Dark Projects
Welcome to Dark Projects. This site has moved to: http://www.dark-projects.com/forum/ If you are a member, you will be banned if logging in.
Dark Projects
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dark Projects

This group is a Restricted Only group that will work with Dark Projects. This group has the expertise and complete knowledge base with Automotive Electronics, Immobilizers, Airbags and Security Systems. >It is a privilege to be a member, not a right! KJK<

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics

Rules for this forum

Go down 
    +11
    roth18
    the_knok
    soukehal
    AvechuchoAxel
    freewillover
    elecautocr
    jose19
    TechSOS
    pecirepi
    Joe019
    Ecmbuster
    15 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Ecmbuster
    Admin
    Ecmbuster

Rules for this forum Empty
    PostSubject: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:19 am

These are the rules for this forum [Read carefully]

- All members must complete his/her profile that includes the location of: (City AND Country)

- All members on this forum MUST have the profiles complete to be a member and to post as a member.

- If the profile is not complete within 24 hours of an Admin or Mod warning, you will be banned for 30 days.

- If you, the member posts into another post without a completed profile, that post will be deleted and or a warning to be banned.

- There is no second warning!

- If a member continuously posts without a profile, the ban is immediate and forever.

- If a member knowingly helps a banned member, you to will be banned!

- No codes from serial numbers or VIN for non active members.

- All attachments (except the ones asking for help) MUST be uploaded using an RAR or ZIP format. Send the link to the Member in PM only

- Do not post Copyright software - Do that in PM or contact the Administrators.

- Unusual sites and information - Contact an Administrator or Moderator in PM for a discussion.

- Any member that is found to be involved in theft of public property will be exposed and this site has the right to contact a Regional Police Service and Interpol.

- Members that have a solution are requested to offer a solution after a "Fix" or "Solved" (Senior, Trusted or Active may ask in PM)

- Members that have a solution can refuse that request.

- Senior members can ask the Administrators and Moderators to "politely" request the solving member for the solution.

- Any member posting garbage or ridiculous messages when help is asked for, will be banned.

- Language is ENGLISH, you can write non English, but you MUST translate your message to English into the same post. This is because some members can not explain their problem very well and other members may understand what they mean in their native language.

- Try not to double post, please use the edit feature.

- Members must include ALL DETAILS to make easier to find within the search section and guide the other members to a solution.

- Members must have a proper and clear title to the post.

- For the member who write heeeeeelp, ???????, SSSSSSSS, PLEASE or something like these examples, expect a ban.

- NO political statements are allowed, even in the signature.

- All dumps with known code must be in RAR or ZIP file. Members can request the link in PM.

- Passwords and links are on PM only.

- No PIN codes or Passwords are allowed in the post. NONE. If they are seen by an Administrator or Moderator, the code will be deleted and the members warned only once.

- Radio codes are allowed 2 digits in the post, the rest of the radio code must be in PM

- Any member asking for a password in the post will be warned once, the second time is a ban.

- All posts should include the following if possible. This will help the reading members to solve your problem.
    1. Year
    2. Make
    3. Model
    4. Fault Codes (if possible)
    5. Repair History (if possible)
    6. The reason for the post and help needed
    7. Data scans of the computer or multiple computers
    8. The IC type and model (Motorola, TRW, National Semiconductor, ST, Microwire, Atmel)
    9. The eeprom type should be in the post
    10. The computer part and type number should be in the post

- All solved threads must be edited and add (Solved) on the title or final post. (It’s only polite to finish what was started)

- If a member does not agree, don’t post!

- All Administrators, Moderators and Members will be treated with respect. Violation of this rule is a permanent ban.

- Violations to these rules will lead to a warning and possible ban for, one(1) week, one(1) month, then one(1) year or more.

- The Administrators / Moderators have the right to change, update remove, edit and delete any content of these rules.

- The Administrators / Moderators have the right to change, update remove, edit and delete any content of the posts.

- The Administrators / Moderators have the right to ban any member that does not follow the rules of this sub-forum.

- Senior (active) members are very welcome to ask for rule changes, modifications, clarifications or additions.

- Those changes will be between those Senior (active) members and the Administration / Moderators.

- All posts are the property of Dark Projects and founding members

Ecmbuster - Administrator - Moderator and IP Address Hacker

Last edited by Ecmbuster on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:59 am; edited 8 times in total
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.esatinc.ca
    Joe019
    Joe019

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:48 am

Hi ecmbuster.

I think the rules are great! ( same like as the other forum...).

I have a little opinion about passwords in rar files:

Maybe in original files like flash memorys, not neccesary put a password. But only accessible for current members. Its only my opinion Wink

I hope this forum will be great and we will live in armony Very Happy

Best Regards
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.egkmotorsport.com
    Ecmbuster
    Admin
    Ecmbuster

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:34 pm

I agree about the passwords but we need all of the members to say something about this because you, SOS and Bingo are Moderators to this site now. I will help you understand how this works better later.
    I still think a spread sheet in excel that all Administrators have access to is the best way to maintain the data.

Last edited by Ecmbuster on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down
    Joe019
    Joe019

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:56 am

Perfect!!

This a great idea!

Good work ecmbuster Very Happy

regards
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.egkmotorsport.com
    pecirepi

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:33 pm

i often need only dump because something is damaged and always is locked by password. So i support administrators in theyr work but JOE019 is not bad idea. Or to create expert forum or something like that which is not locked for experts only.

Best regards
    Ivan Pecirep
    Back to top Go down
    Ecmbuster
    Admin
    Ecmbuster

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:57 pm

We as members will try to create the rules and governing actions that we need to make sure everyone gets treated fairly and everyone gets the information needed to complete their project or repair. What we must also do is follow the only rules we have. That will include the completion of the profile. I welcome all new members with the moderators but please, complete your contact information in "PROFILE"
    Back to top Go down
    TechSOS
    TechSOS

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:17 am

This all looks very good.

As for passwords, I think all solutions, whether a bypass, immo off, virgin file, or repair, should be protected. A damaged, or "used" file does not need to be protected and can be viewed by all.
    Back to top Go down
    http://sosdiagnostics.com
    jose19
    jose19

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Good work ecmbuster Wink

Jose
    Back to top Go down
    elecautocr

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 1:01 pm

TechSOS wrote:
    This all looks very good.

As for passwords, I think all solutions, whether a bypass, immo off, virgin file, or repair, should be protected. A damaged, or "used" file does not need to be protected and can be viewed by all.

+1
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.electronicadelauto.com
    freewillover
    freewillover

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 3:07 pm

Rules are good when maintain.
    Governing all is good as well giving life.
    When it affect happiness never a rules anymore.
    While time and season pass i think we get all things working.
    No perfectness in rules we are human someday we change like life dose and air.
    Air we breath not first air we breath at birth sustain us till day everyday both good and bad all is life.
    santa
    Back to top Go down
    AvechuchoAxel
    AvechuchoAxel

PostSubject: About Rules   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 3:22 am

Hello everyone.. to those that I have had the privilege to meet on the M-F forum and the new I will meet here ..

" I can compare the last few weeks without the "forum" with my last painful divorce..... but if I think twice this...my last divorce wasn't that bad after all... "

I want to congratulate to ECM and the rest of the people that bring this forum up for Us.

Hope all new or old members agreed with me that this forum is a NEW FORUM, and therefore making comparatives comments or bringing old ghosts from the past is something that this forum DOESN'T NEED. Personally I will take it as a fresh start, old well known rules and new rules to follow.

Axel
    Back to top Go down
    TechSOS
    TechSOS

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 3:24 am

welcome, welcome back
    Back to top Go down
    http://sosdiagnostics.com
    Ecmbuster
    Admin
    Ecmbuster

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:04 am

Good to see you here Axel. Old habits die hard but we're tying to make a huge step forward.
    Back to top Go down
    jose19
    jose19

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi AvechuchoAxel

Welcome friend.

BR

Jose
    Back to top Go down
    soukehal
    soukehal

PostSubject: hi! we accept the rule of forom   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:46 am

hi! we accept the rule of forom
    Back to top Go down
    the_knok
    the_knok

PostSubject: Good rules   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi all
    Good rules.
    I think its perfect for now.

Regards...
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.autoaguiar.pt
    jose19
    jose19

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 7:02 pm

the_knok wrote:
    Hi all
    Good rules.
    I think its perfect for now.

Regards...

Glad to see you here Wink

Jose
    Back to top Go down
    roth18
    roth18

PostSubject: Hi everyone.   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi everybody, my first post here., hope it will be even better than "Mobile Files". Rules are OK. I have one question though, what is the purpose of protecting the RAR files with passwords, especially dumps. Sometimes a member might need something in and old post that is protected and a new post needs to be started with no guarantee of a solution . That will create a lot of posts asking for the same answer given already many times. Just my opinion.

Roth [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
    Back to top Go down
    Ecmbuster
    Admin
    Ecmbuster

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:53 am

The purpose is to keep the leeches out and the work that's produced here for members that contribute. Those same rules were applied in Mobile Files and certainly apply here. If you have a solution with a password, then give it to the member that needs help. If the solution is in an old post, then the member needs to contact the member that has the solution.
    Back to top Go down
    roth18
    roth18

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:50 am

I see your point E. but it creates a lot of unnecessary traffic. Shouldn't a member be automatically granted access to the the information after attaining a certain status by contributing somewhat to the forum. Or maybe give the right to use the information from the get go (optimistic unchoke) and than if new member proves to be a leach take it away. Many times you need the information now, later is just not an option and the member might not answer right away.

Roth [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
    Back to top Go down
    Ecmbuster
    Admin
    Ecmbuster

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:02 pm

The MAJORITY of members do not help. that's the issue. The MINORITY of members have a good idea of what needs to be done. Help requests are never the same and that is why details are requested, including dumps if needed. If there is no dump, that would mean three things.
    1. That member is a leech and has no intention of helping or posting the required information
    2. That member doesn't have a clue on how to acquire or post a dump
    3. The dump is either damaged or non existent.

This is NOT Digital Kaos where everything is given away and even they have password protected material that the poster looks for either a thanks or pat on the back.

No one can predict what information is given or needed. That is why we ask for complete details and as much information as possible. If for instance you require help and do get an answer, that post belongs to this forum, the poster and helping members.

This was decided to have members interact and try to help. This forum is NOT open to the general public where solutions can be acquired for no work or regard for members that actually did the work and research.
    Back to top Go down
    roth18
    roth18

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:38 pm

I'm talking about giving away everything to everybody but just to members. If a member does not play by the rules (whatever they might be) kick him out.

Anyway let's shelf it for now and see how it all goes.

Roth.
    Back to top Go down
    segun_solarin

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:48 pm

Ecubuster, well to me the rules are os to ok is just for old and new member abide, also i think everydoby will be cousioion of what do do. Big thanks to all the moderation on your effort on this site
    Back to top Go down
    jolor
    jolor

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Hi to all. I read and accept the rules.
    Back to top Go down
    hamedladan

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:26 pm

Hi all
    i am very happy to see all of you.
    i hope build a powerfull team together (for long time!)

Best regards
    Back to top Go down
    rog3r

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:58 am

Hi all
    Good rules.
    Back to top Go down
    Ecmbuster
    Admin
    Ecmbuster

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:58 pm

roth18 wrote:
    I'm talking about giving away everything to everybody but just to members. If a member does not play by the rules (whatever they might be) kick him out.

Anyway let's shelf it for now and see how it all goes.

Roth.

I read your posts again. Now it makes perfect sense to me. I believe that junior members shouldn't have everything and need to discuss this with the admins to make sure that what you say can happen at the new site.

Smart thinking
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules for this forum   Rules for this forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules for this forum
    Page 1 of 1